We’ve listed just a few training course and resources, but more will be added in time. If there’s anything you think we should feature here please email your request to Safer Communities Torbay.
Local support services
Online basic awareness training
Online modules available on Torbay's iLearn system
- Introduction to Domestic Abuse & Sexual Violence
- Introduction to Female Genital Mutilation
Please note that the training below has been developed by another geographical area and so some of the statistics shown do not relate to the Torbay area.
Training from Intercom Trust
Definition of domestic violence and abuse
The Home Office in partnership with Against Violence and Abuse (AVA) has produced a guide for local areas.
The Government has produced a Guidance document on Adolescent to Parent Abuse & Violence.
Risk assessment tools
Materials for survivors
- Domestic violence and abuse: how health services, social care and the organisations they work with can respond effectively
- Domestic violence and abuse - professional guidance
- Responding to domestic abuse: guidance for general practitioners
- Guidance on routine enquiry and selective enquiry
- Health Education England e-learning on FGM
Female Genital Mutiliation (FGM)
- Multi-agency statutory guidance on FGM is available on GOV.UK. This includes information on mandatory reporting
- The Home Office have developed e-learning for all professionals which is available at www.fgmelearning.co.uk
- Healthcare professionals can also access free e-learning developed by Health Education England (see link under Health Services above)